Compulsory Regulations in the Seaport of Sabetta Approved
By order No. 9 of the Ministry of Transport of Russia dated 21.01.2016 the Compulsory regulations in the seaport of Sabetta were approved.
The new Compulsory regulations in the seaport of Sabetta stipulate:
- rules for port calls and exits of vessels from the seaport of Sabetta, as well as rules for navigation, including ice navigation and anchorage of vessels;
- rules for provision of environmental safety and quarantine in the seaport of Sabetta;
- rules for the use of special communication devices in the territory and water area of the seaport.
The Compulsory regulations in the seaport of Sabetta also contain information about:
- compulsory pilotage areas in the seaport;
- minimum number and capacity of tugs necessary for mooring operations;
- boundaries of the A1 sea area of the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System;
- technical capacities of the seaport of Sabetta regarding admission of vessels;
- approaches to the seaport and access channel;
- anchorage in the seaport;
- transmission of navigation and weather information to masters of vessels staying in the seaport, as well as transmission of information by masters of vessels staying in the seaport in case of threat of illegal intrusive activities in the seaport, and other information stipulated by the merchant shipping legislation of the Russian Federation.
The Order of the Ministry of Transport of Russia became effective on March 6, 2016 under the established procedure.